nedeľa, októbra 11

I'll give you the sun, the ocean and stars. I'll give you Jandy Nelson

20820994


"Reality is crushing. The world is a wrong-sized shoe. How can anyone stand it?"




Je mi cťou a potešením konečne sa vyjadriť k tejto veľmi ospevovanej a vynímičnej knihe, ktorá sa len ťažko popisuje. Je úžasná tak krásne nepopísateľne a ak ste práve sklamaný, že sa k nej možno nedostanete, s radosťou vám oznamujem, že ju idú vydať aj tu na slovensku 

mention the saddness and radiating happines after reading, gather the lines - quotes

Kniha I´ll give you the sun je špeciálna. Teraz by som mala robiť recenziu, trochu načnúť obsah a podobne ale ja si rada vychodím inú cestičku k tomu aby som vám knihu opísala pretože táto kniha je jedinečná veľa vecmi ale hlavne - HLAVNE

štýlom.

Takže namiesto mojich rečí vám prinášam recenziu citátov.


In third grade, Mrs. Michaels, the art teacher, told us we were to do self-portraits. We were across the room from each other and without so much as sharing a glance, I drew him, and he me. Sometimes, now, it feels like that.

Jude a Noah sú dvojičky. Sú ako dve strany mince, rozdielne ale neoddeliteľný. 

I turn around, remembering again that we got made together, cell for cell. We were keeping each other company when we didn’t have any eyes or hands. Before our soul even got delivered.

Na začiatku vás zmätie a zmetie ten štýl. To umelecké vyjadrovanie Noaha.

We walk and walk through the gray ashy dusk and the forest starts to fall asleep: The trees lie down side by side by side, the creek halts, the plants sink back into the earth, the animals switch places with their shadows, and then, so do we.

Máme tu otca, s ktorým si nerozumie ale ktorého obdivuje.

because Dad was in charge and it was his hand that pulled the sun up each morning and down at night.

...

“It’s a sink-or-swim world, Noah,” he said very seriously, and then the secure belt of his arm became a sling that flung me into the water. I sank. All. The. Way. Down. 

Noah, ktorý vidí svet ako obrazy, ktorý svet maľuje,

(SELF-PORTRAIT: Noah and the Sea Cucumbers)

si ale viac rozumie so svojou mamou. Špeciálnou, zvláštnou mamou alebo možno len obyčajnou mamou čo má neobyčajného syna.

However, after much observation, I’ve concluded that it’s not raining on Mom. I find her on the deck smoking (she’s not a smoker) as if under an invisible umbrella, always with the phone to her ear, not saying anything, just swaying and smiling like someone’s playing her music on the other end. I find her humming (she’s not a hummer) and jingling (she’s not a jingler) through the house, down the street, up the bluff in her new circus clothes and bangles, her own private sunbeam enclosing her while the rest of us grip the walls and furniture so we don’t wash away. I find her at her computer where’s she’s supposed to be writing a book but instead is staring up at the ceiling like it’s full of stars. I find her and find her and find her but I can’t find her.


Potom je tu nový sused, Noahov prvý priateľ, takmer rovnako divný ako on.

I flip the page of my sketchpad, not wanting her to see what I’ve been working on: the third version of the copper-eyed, rock-collecting, star-gazing, out-of-control-laughing new kid floating in the sky with his green hat and suitcase full of stars.

Ale hlavne je to o umení.

Mom used to say when you look at art, it’s half seeing, half dreaming.

A samozrejme o dospievaní. Kopa knižiek toto tvrdí ale až u tejto som skutočne pochopila, čo všetky tie anotácie myslia.

And me. I’ve never felt this relaxed in my life. I keep forgetting my body and then have to go back and get it.

...

It occurs to me that Jude does this too, changes who she is depending on who she’s with. They’re like toads changing their skin color. How come I’m always just me?
...
“Me? Dude, you’re huge. I think you’re bigger than me. How’d that happen?” I glance down. “Yeah, super far from the toes now.” This is something I’ve been thinking a lot about. My toes are pretty much in another time zone.


Jude, ktorá je rozprávačkou druhej polovice knihy (ich pohľady sa striedajú) o nič nezaostávala za svojim bratom v originalite ani úžasnosti. Ale ona mala namiesto portrétov "bibliu" kde mala návod na všetko od toho ako znásobiť lásku či pritiahnuť šťastie až po to ako sa zavďačiť duchom.

To reconcile with a family member, hold a bowl out in the rain until full, then drink the rainwater the first moment the sun shines again.

Máme tu aj iné postavy. Sexi Angličan Jude.

“Well, hello there,” he says. “The fallen angel has returned.” He doesn’t talk, he lilts, his words taking to the air like birds. And why do English people sound smarter than the rest of us? Like they should be awarded the Nobel Prize for a simple greeting? I zip up my sweatshirt to my neck. But can’t seem to get the boy blinders on. Still a reckless idiot, yes, but damn, he looks fine, sitting on that bike on this sunny winter day. Guys like him really shouldn’t be allowed on motorcycles. They should have to bounce around on pogo sticks, or better: Hippity Hops. And no hot guy should be allowed to have an English accent and drive a motorcycle. Not to mention wear the leather jacket or sport the cool shades. Hot guys should be forced into footie pajamas. Yes, yes, the boycott, the boycott.

A super Guilermo.

“But even then sometimes you make a catastrophic mistake, you think I am going to kill myself because the sculpture is ruined, but in the end it come out more incredible than had you not made the mistake. This is why I love the rocks. When I sculpt with clay, it feel like cheating. It is too easy. It has no will of its own. The rocks are formidable. They stand up to you. It is a fair fight. Sometimes you win. Sometimes they win. Sometimes when they win, you win.”

Nájdete tam aj kopu skvelých myšlienok na zamyslenie.

“Except most of the time,” he adds, “I feel like I’m undercover.” “Me too.” I pick up a stick, start digging with it. “Or maybe a person is just made up of a lot of people,” I say. “Maybe we’re accumulating these new selves all the time.”

A celý jedinečný svet dvoch unikátnych osobností.

When I reach the doorway, I turn around because I’m hearing odd strangled noises. Dad and Noah are both doubled over behind the counter in hysterics. “What?” I ask. “You found Ralph!” Noah croaks out and then doubles over again.



Podľa oficiálnej anotácie, I´ll give you the sun je skvelé:

A brilliant, luminous story of first love, family, loss, and betrayal for fans of John Green, David Levithan, and Rainbow Rowell 

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

Vytiahlo ma z knižného bloku, absolútne uchvátilo. Skúste. ODPORÚČAM.




“Can I have it?” 
This shocks me. She’s never asked for a drawing before. I’m horrible at giving them away. 
“For the sun, stars, oceans, and all the trees, I’ll consider it,” I say, knowing she’ll never agree. She knows how badly I want the sun and trees. We’ve been dividing up the world since we were five. I’m kicking butt at the moment—universe domination is within my grasp for the first time. “Are you kidding?” she says, standing up straight. 
It annoys me how tall she’s getting. It’s like she’s being stretched at night. 
“That leaves me just the flowers, Noah.” 
Fine, I think. She’ll never do it. It’s settled, but it isn’t. She reaches over and props up the pad, gazing at the portrait like she’s expecting the English guy to speak to her. 
“Okay,” she says. 
“Trees, stars, oceans. Fine.” 
“And the sun, Jude.” 
“Oh, all right,” she says, totally surprising me. 
“I’ll give you the sun.” 

Vitajte

v hlave jednej začínajúcej ale nie úplne (dúfam) amatérskej spisovateľky. Toto bol môj blog o varení a čítaní - teraz sa tu chcem venovať svojej ďalšej vášni a tou je písanie.

Príspevky sú taký môj neformálny denník, kde sa môžem vyventilovať, podeliť o to čo robím (a malo by ma to aj dokopať každý deň k písaniu sa aspoň vyjadriť alebo ešte lepšie písať).

Zavediem vás do svojho myšlienkového procesu ohľadne stavania knihy, scén, postáv... pochválim sa čo som za deň stihla, prípadne pridám aj nejaký tip, ktorý niekomu bude pripadať očividný a niekomu možno aj nie.

Asi nemusím písať, že toto sú moje názory a skúsenosti a nemám na nič patent a bla, bla, bla.

Dúfam, že si tu každý spisovateľ nájde aspoň kúsok niečoho - či už je to spoločné trápenie, zaujímavá myšlienka, otázka alebo možno dokonca moje skromné rady.

Ďakujem za návštevu.